VIP Spades Rule Set
The classic Spades in pairs mode is played with a deck consisting of 52 cards. The cards are dealt clockwise starting from the dealer’s successor (to his left). Each player receives 13 cards.
- The bidding is also clockwise and starts from the player on the left of the dealer. There are two options of bidding – see cards or blind bid. If the player chooses the first option, he must bid a number of tricks from 0 to 13, which he expects to win. There is no need for each bid to be higher or lower than the last one. The combined bidding of the two partners are summed up together to form the team bid. This is the number of tricks the team must win in order to achieve a positive score.
- A NIL (0) bid means that the player declares that he will not win any tricks in this round. If he succeeds, he wins 100 points, but if he doesn’t manage to do so, the player receives a penalty of 100 points.
- When the bidding starts, each player can choose not to look at his cards and thus make a BLIND NIL bid. This bid can give 200 points, but also cost 200 if the player wins even one trick.
- The cards in each suit are ranked as follows: A, K, Q, J, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2.
- The player on the dealer’s left begins the trick. He can play whichever card he chooses, excluding those of the spades suit. The trick continues in a clockwise fashion and the other players must follow the suit, if possible. If not, they may play a random card.
- If no spade is played during a trick, it is won by the highest value card of the initially played suit. If cards of the spades suit are played, the trick is won by the highest value spade. The winner in the last trick begins the next one.
- A spade card cannot be played until:
- a spade has been played to trump another trick;
- the leader has no other cards besides spades;
- If a player wins the exact amount of tricks he has bid, he wins points for his team equal to 10 times his bid.
- If a player/team takes more tricks than they bid, they get additional 1 point for each overtrick (bag). When the team reaches 10 bags, they receive -100 penalty and their bags are reset to 0.
- If a team wins less tricks than they have originally bid, they lose points equal to 10 times their bid.
- If a NIL bet is successful the player gets 100 points, but if it fails he loses 100 points.
- A successful BLIND NIL scores 200 points, but an unsuccessful one is penalized by 200.
- The team, which reaches 200 points first wins. A team that has -150 points loses.
Differences in other game modes:
- SOLO – in this mode there are no teams, each player has a separate score and plays for himself. The winner receives the whole prize pool. If there are two or more players with the same score, the cards are dealt again for another round. A successful Nil bid gives 50 points and an unsuccessful one -50 Points. A blind bid cannot be placed. The bag penalty of five bags equals -50 points.
- SUICIDE: In this mode the players play in teams but the difference is that one of the team members must bid Nil while the other has to bid at least 4. There are no Blind Nil Bids.
- WHIZ: In this mode the players must either bid Nil or bid the exact number of spades they possess. Again, no Blind Nil is allowed and the game is played in teams.
- MIRROR: In teams each player must announce the exact number of Spades they have. If a player doesn’t have any spades, he must bid Nil. Again, there are no Blind Nil bids.
You can read more about he different spades variations on our blog.
Rules of the Tournament
There are two types of tournament play.
- “Classic Tournament” consisting of 16 players in 3 tournament rounds;
- “Quick Tournament” for 8 players only in 2 tournament rounds;
Both VIP Spades Tournaments have a win/loose score of -250/300 and the Round Limit is 7 rounds. The game round will end when one of the following conditions is met:
- A team will win when they reach 300 points within 7 rounds;
- A team will loose when they go down to -250 points within 7 rounds;
When the 7th round ends, the team with the higher score will be declared as a winner;
Both types are played with the excising pairs rule set.
To open the tournaments lobby, click “Tournaments” from the home screen.
Click to choose the type of tournament you want to play. When all players are present, everyone will be paired and the first round will begin.
After the end of each round the winning pair will proceed to the next stage. Before every round, the winning players will be mixed again and new teams will be formed.
The winning pear in the final round will win the Grand Prize, while the runner-ups take a consolation Second Place Prize.
If you intentionally leave a Tournament you will not be able to rejoin. There will be no exceptions.
Official Terms and Conditions for Promo Tournaments and League Play
1. PARTICIPATION IN ALL PROMO TOURNAMENTS DOES NOT REQUIRE A PURCHASE
This excludes VIP Only tournaments, where a VIP Status is required. VIP Status can be obtained in various ways, including a PURCHASE.
2. Tournament Organiser & Agreements
Promo Tournaments in VIP Spades are organised by the developer of the game – Casualino JSC (Organiser). Every tournament is governed by the official rules outlined here, if no explicit over-rulings are present. Tournaments and leagues are completely optional content. By taking part in any tournament, the participant accepts the terms and conditions outlined by the “Official Tournament Terms and Conditions”. This document is and additive to the General Rules for playing at VIP Spades.
By accepting these rules, the player agrees to accept and respect the announced tournament results by the Organiser as final.
None of the Tournaments are Sponsored or endorsed by Facebook or any related entities.
Tournament winners will be announced and rewarded in a 48 hour time frame after the Tournament has concluded. The organiser uses this time to check every winning player for fraudulent play or set games. The tournament organiser reserves the right to check every player’s eligibility and take action if the player does not cover all the requirements.
Specific rules, terms and conditions will be present on every Tournament room – on top of the room itself and in a “More Info” popup window. The “More Info” window will contain the Tournament banner, text, start and end date, Entry Fee(if present) and Prize.
3. General Eligibility for Tournament Play
– Every participant must be over 18 years old;
– Every participant can have a maximum of 1 account;
– Every participant can win a maximum of 1 prize tier;
– Automation of any kind is forbidden and will result in disqualification/account ban;
– Selling wins is forbidden and will result in disqualification/account ban;
– Cheating of any sort is forbidden and will result in disqualification/account ban;
– Every player is responsible for the safety and security of his account. Account sharing is forbidden and can result in disqualification/account ban.
Participants will be regularly checked at random by the Organiser to ensure the quality of play and to enforce the rules above. The actions taken by the Organiser are final and non-negotiable. In case of account closure/ban, the person will not be notified prior.
4. Active and Visible times for Tournaments
Every tournament has a visible time – a period when the tournament is visible in the tournament lobby with a countdown to its activation time.
Every tournament has an active time, displayed on the tournament room itself.
Winners will be announced in a 48-hour window after the tournament has concluded.
Prizes for every tournament will be announced prior to its activation. Prizes can include either Chip Packs/Custom Chip amounts or VIP Packs/Custom VIP Duration.
Sponsored Tournaments can have different prizes, provided by the Tournament Sponsor.
Sponsored Tournaments will have over-riding terms and conditions, listed in the “More Info” Section or a separate page.
No Cash or real prizes can be won in the Chip/VIP Promo Tournaments.
Prizes can not be transferred, replaced or paid in their monetary values. All prizes are final and are paid out as-is.
6. Additional Rules and Limitations
Prizes are non-transferable. A won prize can not be exchanged for its monetary equivalent. The tournament organiser/sponsor does not carry responsibility for wrong account names or any wrong information, provided by the player.
Every attempt to sabotage or cheat on any tournament is considered banable offence and will result in a permanent ban. The organiser/sponsor reserves the right to sue for monetary losses, caused by dishonest player actions.
The organiser/sponsor reserves the right to stop an ongoing tournament and nullify the prizes. Possible reasons to end a tournament include (but not limited to): bugs, virus, unauthorised third-party intervention, technical problems or other situations, outside the organiser’s reach.
By participating in the tournaments, every player consents to being included in promotional materials. The organiser reserves the right to use/showcase/promote VIP Spades and specific promo tournaments and include player’s likes, comments, avatars, nicknames, reviews etc. No monetary or chip compensation is due for this usage. All rights are owned and reserved to Casualino JSC.
Questions and comments can be sent to email@example.com.
8. Mechanism of giving our the prizes
– Prizes are given out by Customer Support Representatives/ Official Admins only;
– Prizes are awarded only once;
– Every player can receive only one prize;
– Prizes are non-transferable;
– Prizes can not be converted to other prizes or monetary values;
9. Personal Data
– Organiser/ Sponsor reserves the rights to change the period, entry, prizes or tournament conditions at any time without notice.
– The Organiser/ Sponsor does not take responsibility for player-related issues. This includes, and is not limited to: connection problems due to internet issues, device incompatibility or hardware lag etc.
– The Organiser/ Sponsor does not take responsibility for wrong data provided by the player. In such cases – prizes will be discarded or awarded to the “next in line”.
– Facebook does not take any responsibility on any of the tournaments, prizes, ladders, rules or the game in general. If there is an issue with Facebook users, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org