The main objective of the game is to take all 4 of your pieces to their home column with the same color and into the home triangle. The objective is accomplished by rolling a die each turn. The number on the die determines how many places each piece can be moved.
In order to get a piece into play from the base to the starting position, a player must roll the die until a 6 is rolled. When a player rolls a 6, he can either take another piece from the home base into the starting position or move a piece that is already in play by 6 positions.
- Each time a player rolls a 6, he receives an extra roll.
- If a player rolls 6 three times in a row, he is penalized by losing his turn.
- Once a piece is in play, it can be moved 1 to 6 positions clockwise, according to the rolled number.
- If a player’s piece lands on an opponent’s piece, the opponent’s piece gets sent back to their base.
- An exception to this rule is if the opponent’s piece lays on a safe spot.
- If you happen to land on a space with a die symbol, you earn an extra roll.
- If you happen to land on a space with a shield symbol, your piece will be protected.
Once a piece has entered its home column, it can complete its journey by moving to the center only with an exact roll. The first player to finish the journey of all 4 of his pieces is declared the winner.
Play Ludo online for free.