Crazy Eights Rules
The main objective of the game is to get rid of all cards in your hand first. The objective is accomplished by discarding your cards by matching either the suit or the number of the previously discarded card.
- The game begins with players receiving 5 cards each. A single card is turned up to start the discard pile.
- The player must play a legal card corresponding to the values of the card on the discard pile, or draw a card from the stock.
- 8 – Allows a player to call out a new suit
- Queen – The next player skips their turn
- Ace – Reverses order of play (clockwise to counterclockwise or the other way around)
- 2 – Forces the next player to draw 2 cards. If he responds with a 7, he no longer must draw 2 cards. Instead, the player next to him must now draw 4 cards. This goes on until players run out of 7’s.
In order to win the game, the player must announce that he is about to play his last card. This is done by the statement “Last Card”. If he fails to do so, he will be penalized by drawing 2 cards.